Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Great Weekend

I had a three-day weekend and have really been blessed! I started another new painting, joined Facebook and got out in the sun for a walk (two days in a roll...which is great for me!). I pulled some weeds, and picked and ate some wonderfully sweet strawberries that are growing through the fence from one of my neighbors (love 'em!). R A and I got out and trimmed our trees, too.

I've never been much of a yard person, but my doctor just told me I am low on vitamin D...so I guess I'll start getting out more. I have to admit, I've been feeling much better since I've started.

Well, here is a copy of the still-life I did yesterday and today. It is a 5" x 7" and named The Yellow Squash. I've attempted to paint looser. It probably isn't quite as loose as it should be, yet...I'll keep trying. I will, also, have to learn how to do the beautiful texture that I see in so many fabulous paintings. Feel free to comment, below.

Facebook has been a lot of fun, so far. I can see why people say it can be addicting. I'm having to pull myself away so I can get other things done. It's been so much fun connecting with some of my favorite people. R A isn't for it because of the report on the news about how Facebook appears to be claiming the rights to any content posted. In their new Terms of Service they say that they can do anything they want with our content, forever. Well, I think I'll go ahead and use it. Just so you know, you won't see any of my artwork there. I've posted my blog address so you will still have access.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!


Send Mail

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Candy! Glad to see you've joined FB. I sent you a friend request.

    Your new still-life is great! I like the apples - they look real. You are so talented!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails